However, do not limit your diet to mind-empowering foods. Make sure that your intake satisfies all of your body’s nutritional requirements. If you really want to include brain-healthy elements to your daily meals, you can add certain seasonings to your home-cooked meals.
A versatile seasoning, black pepper complements almost every dish.
Its high levels of piperine, an alkaloid that enhances certain endorphins in your brain, can enhance mental clarity. Black pepper can also improve your body’s ability to absorb nutrients, reduce stress and regulate blood pressure.
Studies show that complementing your diet with black cumin can enhance your cognitive faculties. Its rich anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants keep the brain in its best condition. This pungent and bitter spice can boost retention by reducing the breakdown of acetylcholine, the neurotransmitter responsible for memory deterioration. Black cumin can also improve your overall bodily functions.
You do not have to consume this spice to absorb its brain-boosting properties. Inhaling its aromatic scent alone can stimulate your mind and increase your concentration. Cinnamon is a fragrant spice most commonly used in sweet delicacies. Aside from its scent-based benefits, ground cinnamon contains organic compounds that promote mental wellness. Its rich epicatechin and cinnamaldehyde content staves off Alzheimer’s disease by breaking down unhealthy accumulations of tau protein in your brain cells.
A potent remedy for digestive gas and bloating, clove contains powerful antioxidants that can improve not only your bodily functions but also your cognitive performance. Its high levels of eugenol, for instance, bolster the production of antistress neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine. Thus, seasoning your meals with cloves can improve your mood and reduce the risk of developing anxiety and depression.
With a flavor reminiscent of anise, fennel seeds are commonly used in savory dishes. Studies show that this bitter seasoning contains a myriad of brain-boosting properties. Its rich potassium content bolsters your mental speed, learning capacity and memory recall. Consuming fennel seeds regularly also ensure the flow of oxygenated blood to your brain and stave off age-associated cognitive deterioration.
Preparing with the help of an excellent training facility, such as the IELTS review center in Davao, can elevate your chances of reaching your band score goal. However, it goes without saying that extensive mental activities like comprehensive review courses can exhaust your mind.
Adding the abovementioned seasonings to your home-cooked meals can help keep your brain in excellent condition. A dash of black pepper and cloves can help improve your mood. A pinch of cinnamon, black cumin and fennel seeds can bolster your concentration, memory retention and learning capacity. All of these spices can inhibit the development of age-related mental decline.
Keep your brain in optimal condition while taking your IELTS Philippines review courses by integrating mind-empowering spices into your favorite dishes.
- Nair, Lackshimi. “Top 10 Spices to Boost Brain Power.” DIY Health Remedy. Accessed February 03, 2017. http://www.diyhealthremedy.com/top-10-spices-to-boost-brain-power
- “Top 10 Herbs and Spices to Boost Your Brainpower.” Top 10 Home Remedies. Accessed February 03, 2017. http://www.top10homeremedies.com/kitchen-ingredients/top-10-spices-boost-brainpower.html
- “14 Surprising Health Benefits of Cinnamon.” Bembu. Accessed February 08, 2017. http://bembu.com/cinnamon-benefits
- Takano, Junji. “Amazing Health Benefits of Black Pepper.” Pyro Energen. Accessed February 08, 2017. http://www.pyroenergen.com/articles12/black-pepper-health-benefits.htm
- Chia, Jessica. “A New Memory Booster.” Prevention. July 26, 2013. Accessed February 08, 2017. http://www.prevention.com/health/brain-health/new-memory-booster